Research shows: 67% of cell owners find themselves checking their phone for messages, alerts, or calls — even when they don’t notice their phone ringing or vibrating (Pew Research Center).
That’s a high volume of potential customers who could be reading your text messages right on their mobile phones. Your text messages can do any of the following for your contacts:
- Remind customers of promotions and sales
- Alert patrons of days the gym will be closed (holidays, bad-weather advisories)
- Notify clients of a special exercise event
- Motivational texts to encourage people to fulfill their daily exercise requirements
- Create a contact list just for your staff to recognize a job well done
Helpful Hint: According to RateYourBurn.com, the number #11 rule to running a successful gym is introducing social media into the instructor training programs. Successfully connecting instructors with members outside of the gym is a great way to boost member visits. With SendTree’s text messaging service you can guide members through your doors without leaving your office! So what are you waiting for?
"Mobile Technology Fact Sheet." Pew Research Centers Internet American Life Project RSS. N.p., n.d. Web.
"RateYourBurn | 15 Tips for Running a Successful Fitness Studio Business."RateYourBurn | 15 Tips for Running a Successful Fitness
Studio Business. N.p., n.d. Web.